Although we’re still experiencing the occasional triple degree day here in Fresno, fall has arrived! You can feel it in the air- especially on those surprisingly chilly mornings. At Raymer Team Real Estate, we’re all about home and we absolutely love finding ways to make our houses feel extra homey this time of year. Whether you own your dream home or are currently renting a place that feels temporary, a great way to make your house feel more like a home is to add some festive autumn style to your front porch.
Even a simple wreath of fall leaves or a couple of pumpkins sitting next to your door will surely make your neighbors smile and help you and your family to find joy in anticipating a new season. If you’re in the process of selling your house or thinking of listing it soon, adding a couple of fall decorations is also a simple way to add valuable curb appeal.
In honor of the official first day of fall, today we’ve rounded up some inspirational ideas that will help you create your ideal front porch situation. From baskets of mums to a man made of pumpkins, here are our favorite fall decor ideas for every style:
1. Classic Combo: Pumpkins and Fall Mums- If you’re looking for an easy way to create instant fall vibes, look to this traditional combination. A pumpkin on one side of your doormat and a potted mum on the other will do the trick. Try adding haystacks, upside down crates or urns to vary up the height. And if you’re the type that likes to go all out, as these pictures show, there’s no such thing as too many pumpkins or too many mums!
2. Cozy Seating Spot- Nothing says cozy like an inviting place to sit down and take a rest. If you already have a bench or swing on your porch, just add a couple of fall-themed pillows and a throw blanket and voila! Or if you’re short on space, add a single rocking chair and a little side table to set a cup of coffee. This might just become your new favorite place to read the paper!
3. Lanterns- We absolutely love lanterns filled with fall objects like pumpkins, gourds or pinecones. Another unique twist on this concept is this image we found on Pinterest of cone-shaped garden trellises filled with mini-pumpkins and gourds.
4. Fall-Themed Mailbox- Sprucing up your mailbox for the new season is another great idea to add some fall style to your home. Here are some examples to get you inspired-
5. Embellished Pumpkins- There are so many fun ideas out there when it comes to pumpkin-themed crafts. Adding a monogram or house numbers is a wonderful way to personalize a fall display.
6. A Touch of Spooky- Although we tend to prefer fall decor that is more themed around harvest than Halloween, it can be fun to add a couple of spooky touches, especially with trick-or-treaters in mind. These bats and ravens are the perfect touches to add to your fall front porch for the week of Halloween:
7. Pumpkin Man- This is such a unique twist on the popular scarecrow!
8. Unexpected Color Scheme- Just because you’re not a big fan of orange doesn’t mean you can’t decorate your front porch for fall. Here are some beautiful examples of autumnal decor in unexpected color schemes:
Hope these ideas inspire you to welcome fall to your home! Happy First Day of Fall from Raymer Team Real Estate!